ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:48:51 -0500
> Whitehead has continually praised Doyle, but he bluntly said the decision to
> go with Howard on Saturday was 'an easy one to make.'

Glad it was easy for Coach, but it was disappointing in every way for me
and at least a few other fans.  The team supported the decision with
every word I heard on TV and radio and print, so hopefully this won't be
a distraction or chink in the armor.

As end of season tweaking goes, this is a huge "tweak".  If Jimmy Howard
became exhausted last year, can't that happen again this year with his
new responsibilities?  Barring injury or mop-up minutes, I'd say we saw
the last of Frankie Doyle 9 days ago in the HEA Quarterfinals with
Merrimack.  :-(

Anyway, congratulations to the Black bears on a great weekend of hockey.
  In case any of us had any doubts, this has to be the best defensive
Maine team of all time.  How that compares to other all-time teams, I
don' know.  Opinions?

Go Blue!
wayne