ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:57:48 -0500
It's insane that we even have to talk about not wanting to be the top seed
in the east.  And why?  Essentially because New Hampshire has bought home
ice, regardless of their seeding, by building a nice, big, brand new rink.
I've complained about this for years, obviously to no avail.  Does any
other NCAA sport have the rule that if you are a host you automatically get
to play there?  Most playoff systems either are played at neutral sites or
the higher seeded team plays at home, as it should be - you earn it not
awarded it!  Whoever gets the top spot in Manchester, Maine or BC, they
will be at a great disadvantage playing in front of a strong partisan crowd.