ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:25:10 -0800
Fantastic game last night...  I have to say the few
whiffs and clearing attempts through the middle had me
restless, I can imagine that Jimmy was thrilled
either.  I think our slogan should be "Maine Hockey,
we'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need
the edge!"

Overall Maine was relentless getting to the puck which
was great to see.  I was quite impressed with Jackson
getting into a scrum and taking the double minor.  Not
that I condone penalties, but I think that really
showed his passion and intensity playing what everyone
has called the "perfect" team on paper with Maine
obviously coming in as the underdog.  When your
captain shows some grit and additional intensity that
sets the example for the others.  I think we have
discussed the occasional off night being a result of
the a potential lack of intensity from the team
leaders.  Hansen had some intersting calls last night.
 My favorite was the "David Vs. Goliath" hooking call
against Cam Lyall when he got wrapped up with Boyle
who is like 8 feet tall.  Overall a well played game
by Maine, but what team will we see tonight?

I have a feeling that with the odd chance of a sweep
this weekend we may bring out the horse for an
additional beat down...

Another $.02 for everyone, enjoy the game!

Matt

=====