ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:51:13 -0500
Frankly, I am distressed that no one on this list takes the time to contrast
Tim Whitehead (or Walsh for that matter) with Jack Semler.    But seriously...

And you know something, he is really a lot like him in his style and
management of a game.  I have met and talked with all three coaches at some
point in my years following Maine, starting with Game One.  That's the
comparison.

The point about "errors" or "mistakes" is not that you make them -- everyone
does -- but that you learn from them.  I would argue that Maine learned as a
squad from last Friday night, and turned it into a win on Saturday.  I also
would suggest that the team has learned over the entire SEASON and has not
repeated nearly the severe rut they got into at the conclusion of last season.

On that last point, however, I will reserve judgment until after the
conclusion of NEXT weekend's home HE playoff series.

The Black Bears need to focus like the Patriots did this past season...set
up a series of one-game winning streaks, never looking past the next game.

Good criticism is a test of your mental acuity.  I only wish American
presidents had to confront "the party opposite" as the British PM does;
CSPAN on Sunday night at 9 is great TV when they air Prime Ministers
Questions from Parliament.