ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:42:47 -0500
With Maine playing only one game this weekend (a Friday night home league
game against Merrimack) and the Black Bears looking for their first league
points, I ask the question... who should start in goal?

Mike Morrison, last seasons #2 goalie has allowed only 2 goals last weekend
in over 104 minutes of action.

Matt Yeats, last years #1 who also played a large roll in last year's
Hockey East Championship has not been up to that form so far, but we all
know that it is not indicative of the quality of play he is capable of.

Yeats was pulled in his last outing, so a decision to start Morrison almost
indicates a decision to slide him into the #1 slot, since it is Yeats
"turn" in the rotation.

Here are the raw numbers..

Yeats (1-2-1)  3.02 goals against average and a .880 save percentage
(258.34 min. played)
Morrison (1-1-1) 0.73 goals against average and a .967 save percentage
(164.52 min. played)

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on this!

-Deron