ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kevin Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 20:48:54 -0800
Tonight's 6-6 tie should be enough evidence that
PC is not the team to play right now...

I've seen them... they are not loaded with talent
but they are well coached and they don't quit...

6 goals should have been enough... I haven't seen
the stats yet but I'm guessing that goaltending
was not our strength in this game...

--- Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Like Bob, I too am more afraid of playing BC than
> any other team in Hockey
> East right now.  They are back-to-back league
> champions and have elminated
> Maine both years en route to that.  If Clemmensen or
> Kellher are on, they
> will be tough to beat.  On paper, BC still may be
> the best team in the nation.
>
> BU and UNH are both quality clubs definitely capable
> of beating Maine, but
> neither of them are as complete as BC.  UNH (IMHO)
> may be the weakest of
> the top 4 teams.
>
> I'll be interested to see how the boys do against PC
> this weekend.  Part of
> me would rather play Providence than Northeastern,
> but in order for that to
> happen we either have to sweep and hope BU beats BC
> Sunday or we have to
> lose at least one game to PC and have NU lose their
> remaining game.  I'd
> rather the former happen.
>
> Regardless, the Quarterfinals will be tough whether
> it is PC or NU.  PC
> might be a very interesting series if you figure
> that it will be the 3rd
> and 4th (possibly 5th) straight game against the
> Friars.  Might feel a lot
> like some of those spring NHL playoff series.
>
> -Deron

=====
As always...
Kev

"Life is like a roller-coaster.... Enjoy the ride!"