ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kevin Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:19:16 -0800
Hi yet again....

I just read the USCHO game recap of the BU/PC game
last night at PC... It was a howl!
Evidently PC was up 2-0 and then BU scored but
it was waived off and Parker went nuts... He
wouldn't take the official's explanation thru
the players (the official was Hanson) and he
then took his team off the ice in protest.
Evidently there is a rule that you get 3:00 to return.
They posted 3 minutes on the scoreboard but they
did eventually return... The ref then assessed
two delay penalties on BU but did not give Parker
a game misconduct... (think Shawn would have been
given the same latitude)  When play resumed, PC
scored almost immediately on the power play... and
even went on to score again in the 1st to go up 4-0!
The final score was 5-2....

I think Jackie is losing it.... time to think about
retirement perhaps.... ;-)  At any rate, I thought
I would share this amusing turn of events...

As always,
Kevin

=====
As always...
Kev

"Life is like a roller-coaster.... Enjoy the ride!"