ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kevin Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:04:31 -0800
Hi all...

I braved the elements to make this affair.
It was a good night for the Bears... they didn't play
their best but they look more focused than other
times when I've seen them this year.

By the way, I don't think Trattnig was shooting on
Maine's 2nd goal - that was a pass... and it was
a beauty.  The scary part was the Kariya almost
didn't handle it cleanly and poke it home... ;-)
Kariya also made a pass later in the period that
would have put the bears up 4-0 but St. John made
the save of the game.... (don't remember who shot it)

One other comment... to call John Gravallese an
official is a contradiction in terms....! He was
nothing short of abominable.... he shouldn't even
go near a hockey rink with the effort he put out
there.... he tarnished this game with just out and
out blown calls and non-calls...  The linesmen
were not stellar either.... (although Jones usually
is ok... just had an off night)  I think Gravallese
can bring down anybody when he steps on the ice...

Just my $.02...

Hopefully Maine puts out another stellar effort and
we end up ahead of Northeastern after this weekend...

--- Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> (From Hockey East)
> Maine 4, UMass Lowell 1
>                      2/18/2000 at Tsongas Arena
>
> Kariya gave the
> Black Bears a 2-0 cushion
>   13:36 into the second period as he tucked in a
> rebound off a shot by junior
>   Matthias Trattnig (Graz, Austria). Senior Robert
> Ek (Lulea, Sweden) was also
>   credited with an assist.
>

>   Officials:
>   Referee:John Gravellese

=====
As always...
Kev

"Life is like a roller-coaster.... Enjoy the ride!"