ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:27:43 -0500
Another school's experience with a version of the s*ck cheer.  The
crudeness is getting to
supporters of other programs.  Read on...

>From: greenie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      alumni vs students
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Seems that one of the great chants from the students in Walter Brown has
>since been stifled thanks to alumni complaints (not mine).
>
>The "eat 'em up" chant is no more... at least not initiated by the band.
>Hopefully the Secion 8 folks will continue the tradition regardless.
>
>Granted, this chant did include profanity, so I can't say I'm surprised
>over the decision. Still, it's a shame that the local alumni (and as
>suggested, some fans not even connected with the school) are trying to
>dictate the behavior of the students.
>
>Full article (with some amusing details) at:
>
>http://www.dailyfreepress.com/frontpage/0214001.cfm
>

>greenie
>S P O O N  ! !
>(go BU)
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

Dan Doucette

Maine - National Champions 1993 and 1999 -
first in the new Millennium ?

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.