ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:19:25 -0500
At 09:04 AM 2/2/00 , you wrote:
>Lets put everything into perspective. Did we all forget last year going down
>to UNH and getting smacked two nights in a row? How about losing the Hockey
>East Championship game to BC? Maine will be there in March. Seems to me a lot
>of people jump on and off the bandwagon when things go bad and things go
>good.

Who is jumping off the bandwagon?  Just because there is a discussion about
Maine's troubles of late doesn't mean anyone is jumping off the bandwagon.

Those people are all the fans on Friday night who LEFT THE ARENA with less
than 5 minutes left of a one-goal game.  I was shocked at the number of
people who bolted for the exits with the game still very much in
doubt.  Since they didn't win the 50-50, there obviously was no reason to
stay since it wasn't like they actually showed up to see a hockey game or
something.

-Deron