ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kevin Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:25:59 -0800
Okay... my turn... ;-)

I will admit that I was tremendously disappointed
by the weekend series vs. BC but I know that this
team is very Jekyll and Hyde...  I thought they
played a tremendous series at B.U. (had it not been
for some goaltending lapses on Friday and the
breakdown off the faceoff on Sunday - we may have
come away with 2 wins...)  However, on to the
present...

My impression is that they are playing hard but
not with a "3-period" commitment...  Teams are not
going to lay down for Maine - they are going to
have to beat them...

I see Hockey East as still being very wide open...
UNH has struggled as of late.  BU is rolling now
but they are there because of "heart" not because
of overwhelming talent - same could be said of
Northeastern (who by the way is really on the bubble
for the NCAA tourney - just check out their
pairwise ranking...).

Sunday's game at UNH is going to be "large" and
I'll be there to see how it unfolds...

Go BLUE!!!!!

- Kevin

--- Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In the wake of BC's sweep of Maine, Maine coach
> Shawn Walsh told the
> following to USCHO's Jim Leonard:
>
> "You have to be honest with yourself, you analyze it
> and you get better. In
> our sport, they remember what happens in late March,
> not late January."

=====
As always...
Kev

"Life is like a roller-coaster.... Enjoy the ride!"