ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 18:31:47 -0500
OK, I'm giving you an update about former Bears now playing for the
Providence Bruins...

From the Providence Journal:

>Chris Ferraro returns tomorrow
>
>The P-Bruins will get a boost tomorrow when forward Chris Ferraro returns
>to the lineup in Springfield after an eight-game suspension. Ironically, it
>was what Ferraro did to a Springfield player that got him in trouble.
>
>Ferraro was ordered to the sidelines as the result of a match penalty he
>incurred after cross checking Falcons defenseman Dan Focht late in a game
>Dec. 29 and breaking Focht's jaw.
>
>``I'm doing my best to put that incident behind me. I've been keeping
>myself in shape, working hard in practice and trying to keep my spirits
>up,'' Ferraro said. ``I'm not proud of the situation and what I did. I let
>my frustrations get in the way of my play. I made a real poor decision.''
>
>Ferraro said he has spoken with Focht and apologized to him.
>
>``I spoke to him over the phone and offered my apologies and then I had an
>opportunity to meet him face-to-face in Springfield and apologized to him
>again. He accepted my apologies and was good about it. He's a player and
>realizes that in the heat of the game, you do things sometimes
>you regret,'' Ferraro said. ``But, he was willing to sit there and accept
>my apology and talk to me, so it worked out well. If we can eliminate that
>kind of play in this league, we'll all be better off.''
>
>Feeling good
>
>It's been a long time since center Tim Lovell has enjoyed success on the
>ice like he did last night when he produced a goal and two assists. It was
>Lovell's first goal since Nov. 13. Since then he had had only two assists.
>Because of his lack of production, Lovell had been benched for the five
>games before last night's contest against Syracuse.
>
>``Tonight, I got a lot of ice time. I played a regular shift and was on the
>power play,'' said Lovell who scored his 10th goal in second period. ``I
>don't think I was playing that bad before but the puck just wasn't bouncing
>for me. I'm a playmaker and if I put the puck on someone's stick and they
>don't score, that directly affects me. Tonight, things just fell in place
>and, for once, it feels good.''
>
>Injury frustrates Peter Ferraro
>
>Peter Ferraro has missed 16 of the last 17 games with an ankle injury, and
>the P-Bruins forward won't be back until sometime next month, he says. He's
>not even on skates yet. That may happen next week. Right now Ferraro rides
>a stationary bike and does exercises to strengthen his
>ankle. ``I can't tell you how frustrating this has been. ``It doesn't even
>seem like a hockey season for me,'' he said.

I'm hopeful about what you all really thought with my subject line...

Dan Doucette

Maine - National Champions 1993 and 1999 -
first in the new Millennium ?

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.