ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:22:10 -0500
Debate:  using Dave's standard below, was it appropriate when I --

Mentioned the good food and hospitality at Jason Vittorino's father's
restaurant in
Boston, and gave its name ?

Suggest locations where Maine fans at away games in the Boston area could meet
pre-game, and name the businesses ?

Would I be out of line to mention the place in Wells where Lindsay and I
caught the
broadcast, and its connection to Maine Hockey ?

I was going to object to the many mentions of the "Jocktalk" program on this
list, a program which (by admittance of its own promoter) often pays scant
attention
to Maine Hockey, but I anticipate an argument of being a hypocrite.  So, I
open it up to
"discussion".

BTW, Lindsay and I scored two coveted ducats to the Saturday game.  Perhaps
we will
comment on those things you might not have gleaned from the respective
broadcasts.

Dave wrote:

>To clarify:  I admire Brian's tireless efforts to promote WMEB and its hockey
>coverage. However, I do not believe that the Maine Hockey List is an
>appropriate place for Brian (or anyone else) to promote his commercial
>sponsors.

Dan Doucette

Maine - National Champions 1993 and 1999 -
first in the new Millennium ?

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.