ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:02:23 EST
In a message dated 12/19/99 12:05:27 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< places like USCHO >>

Is that STILL going on?  I haven't been to the USCHO board in a while.  I
stopped going there during the endless, repetitive, ignorant, inane "W.I.S."
drivel, that might have been mildly inventive at first, but got real old real
quick.  I thought they had introduced changes in the format which pretty much
eliminated the endless, repetitive, ignorant, inane dredging up of issues
long past and the continued attempted tarnishing of a reputation so
brilliantly restored.

I guess another visit would be as pointless now as then, only making me extra
irritable.  Maybe just before I call another insurance adjuster...

As far as the Harvard thing, FWIW, my opinion is that any school which can
bring dollars into the NCAA coffers will get treated much differently than
one which doesn't, especially when it's in a sport as highlyly regarded as
college football.  AND, folks, don't forget that Harvard hockey team's
connection with our own troubles here.  THAT coach was intimately and IMHO
unethically involved with decisions made about our situation.  That motive
was revenge, pure and simple, against someone he hated, for whatever reason.
It's historical image not-withstanding, Harvard is just another school, with
just as much corruption of it's ideals, as you can plainly see.  Of course
the NCAA will treat them lightly.

Plus, did Harvard hire a high priced law firm to shoot themselves in the foot?

Cathy Hart