ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 23:12:53 EST
Does anyone else remember some talk about the league addressing this issue?
Is this same kind of problem an issue in the other leagues?  Other school's
fans are also treated roughly when at away games, apparently.  Why not have
the league enforce a little more good sportsmanship all over the league?

It seems to me there should be a lot more consistency in the way the rules of
conduct are enforced at all league games.  From what I hear, UMaine is much
stricter about fan conduct (Hey Gabarra, wanna address this?) than the other
rinks.

BU serves alcohol to anyone, doesn't it? That makes for a little less
controlled atmosphere.  Do any of the other rinks do that, too?  I am not a
tee totaller (But that phrase dates me!), yet perhaps some attention to that
issue might improve the way fans are treated there.

Cathy Hart
Old, but Stalwart Maine Hockey Team Fan