ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:17:24 -0500
Why is it always the losing team that complains about the sportsmanship of the
winning teams fans?  I'm sure there were a few in the capacity crowd who were a
bit unsavory in their remarks.  This brings to mind the comments of the European
Ryder Cup Team.  I was at the Country Club both weekend days and heard a few
comments directed at the European players, but for the most part the vast
majority of fans were supportive of both teams.  You'll recall that their were
no complaints from the Euro's til they lost.  This letter sounds very much like
that.  Nothing but sour grapes.

John Duffill