ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Jeff and Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:36:56 -0500
We means the team.  We have beaten that horse into an unrecognizable hump of raod kill, so methinks, I'll stop here.  About last night.....

I only saw the first two periods before I had to submit to sleep, so I intend to watch the rest later today thanks to vhs.  It was great to see every check finished.  I've only seen the team play once since Providence, being the bu game, and they were not finishing every check in that one.  A nice touch, sends a VERY clear message.  Couple of terrible "passes" from right in front of the net that scared the sh*t outta me.  Loose pucks don't go there, if those were actually intended clears not passes.

The team looked poised and ready for anything.  They come out strong and only let up a little in the second.

Future outlook, if this is not the year, look out.  This team is YOUNG and EXTREMELY talented.  If only Jackson could stay another year....I like his leadership style, just what we needed this year.

Concerns: youth. Penalties.  I can't remember a Maine team that spent this much time in the box.  Not just Ryan either, though I think he's a huge "problem" in that department.  No need for that many.  I'm all for taking a good penalty, but waaaay too many dumb ones over the year.