ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 16:28:27 -0500
BLACK BEARS EARN FIRST ECAC D-I WIN, 3-2 OVER SAINTS

ORONO, ME -- The University of Maine Lady Black Bears earned their
first Division I hockey victory with a 3-2 win over St. Lawrence
Saturday night.  Maine got an excellent performance in goal by
Northeastern transfer Kathleen Hedges and two goals from freshman
sensation Raffi Wolf.

Maine scored early goals in the first and third periods, as the Black
Bears never trailed in the game.  The Saints put on a furious charge,
controlling much of the third period and holding the young Maine team
in check.

The two teams split the weekend series with St. Lawrence winning Friday
3-0.

Maine (5-5 overall, 1-5 ECAC) will take on Bowdoin on Wednesday evening
in a non-conference tilt before breaking for the holidays.

St. Lawrence fell to 4-6 overall and 2-6 in the ECAC.  St. Lawrence now
goes on holiday until January 2 when the Saints will host Providence.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]

"Any idiot can face a crisis -- it's this day-to-day living that wears
you out."
                                        - Anton Chekhov