ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:22:04 -0500
James you obviously have some insight that I don't have and if you're
looking to say "I told ya so" then congratulations you told me so.

I have not and do not disagree that replacing Deschamps and to a
certain extent Ramsey for Mush has had a profound impact and was
necessary for the success of this team.  I felt strongly that Mush was
not performing to the level that we needed him at, but again I prefer
to let the coach make those decisions rather than publishing them on a
discussion list for anyone to read.  Not meant as a criticism it's just
the way I operate.

You obviously have a decent source or fabulous intuition, having
observed Maine Hockey for 25 years I am more laid back and willing to
wait and see how coaches react than telling them how to react.  I know
quite a bit about the game of hockey having played it, broadcast it and
observed it, but I don't know a thing when it comes to what is
happening with the kids and inside that locker room, that's what Tim,
Grant, Campbell and the players know and I have the confidence to let
them deal with any issues on their own timetable.

I also remember over the years people questioning the choice of Prestin
or Brendan Walsh as Captains, again I defer to the coaches and kids (I
have no memory of who the questioners were) but never engaged in that
as I believe in the integrity of the coaches and kids to elect the
captains that best represent Maine Hockey.

This team is where I expected them to be at the beginning of the
season, whether it's #1 or #12 is not material, they are in the Hockey
East tournament and NCAA tournament and anything can happen!

Looking forward to a great weekend at the Garden and hopefully a better
April!

Bob Fitta '83

Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising