ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
nonni daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:45:30 -0500
 Maybe he thinks Maine fans will travel no matter the time?

From my days with the league office, I can assure you that ticket sales are
a real factor in how the draws are scheduled.
    Filling the Fleet (why does the "medical" side of my mind envision
"quickie enemas"???) Garden is a major factor, since (to my knowledge) the
league runs on tournament income and the schools don't pay an annual fee to
keep the league in operation.  It's been that way since the first couple of
years of "dues", then a free ride since for the schools.  I admit that I
don't know the details now, but it was designed to operate that way.
    And, the sentence above tells it all!  Come hell or high water, Maine
fans will find a way to be there and the sick leave checklist on this coming
Friday in Maine will be v-e-r-r-r-r-y long!  You go, BLUE FANS!