ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jon Eggert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:16:59 -0500

>But you've got to like the way the guys have come together as a team.
>It's not a perfect team, but it's a vastly better team than the one that
>played the first half of the season.  The freshmen are incredible,
>Leveille seems to have regained his confidence and Jimmy Howard ...
>well, he's the guy any player would love to having playing behind him.
>
>cheers, wayne

I want to second that thought. The improvement from  the UND series to now
is incredible.

  I was on the Keenan Hopson bandwagon right from the start. Its obvious
that the guy knows where the puck needs to be. But who knew he was going to
get  3 assists in a  QF game.
  Rob Bellamy might take bad penalty or  2 but who doesn't like  a guy who
goes full out every time he's on the ice. He might not show up on the stat
sheet but is there any doubt how much room he creates for Hopson and Ryan?
    Billy Ryan still scares me at times(like when he brings the puck out
right in front of Jimmy with 3 Lowell guys right there ) but he really is a
cool customer and doesn't seem to panic.
     Bret Tyler is one tough kid. I see him every game looking out onto the
ice in shorts and a T shirt pre warmup. Just an average looking guy until
he's out on the ice and then he's a bulldog.  He might the best Dman on the
team right now.
    And then Travis Ramsy shows up and he just doesn't get beat. He can
skate, uses his size and punishes guys when he get a chance.
   To top that all all off, Wes Clarke and Tim Maxwell both looked good
when they got a chance and I expect to see both of them next year getting
plenty of minutes.

  Probably have to go back awhile to see a better recruiting class. In
Grant we Trust.

  Jon