ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 05:49:06 -0400
Re: Dan Doucette post

<I'll bet your kid plays (heaven help me) soccer!!!

No, Dan!!

Jason  (Price) is #22 forward turned defenseman,  a U Maine Black Bear!  (-:

And my over-achieving win-hungry NHL trainee is as much an overachiever as
the rest of the bunch. I wouldn't and couldn't change a thing about
him--after all I was the one up at three in the morning driving him to some
God-foresaken dump of  a rink two hours away so he could have lessons with
some great skating teacher, so he could aspire to his dream to play Divison 1
hockey, to play some day in the pros. Why else would he be at Maine?  (-:

I'm as much to blame for the creation of a competitively relentless
perfectionist who trains more than any one, who stays up all night reading
mental toughness books, who eats ten meals a day ( how can I afford all this
food-- I can't) and lifts weights till he literally sees stars.
Yes, I yearn for the days when things were simpler, when things weren't so
serious, when I could afford him! (-:

In my own admission I posted a list (despite my distrust of them and
seemingly with good reason (-:) that Jason was on several months ago. Despite
all his efforts and hard work he didn't make the last list. Does that take
away from all his hard efforts?

I just couldn't be one of those Hockey Moms that flys banners in front of
your face when the news was good and takes cover under the bed (and is no
where to be found) when the bad news hits! I've got to be more honest than
that with myself!

< Is there any sport which doesn't keep score?

No Dan, life keeps score whether we like it or not!

< Do you yearn for the days when Maine was a club team  and played in an
outdoor rink on the banks of the Stillwater?

God no! I wouldn't change a thing. I want Jason to be right where he is,
right where he wants to be.

I was there for his green years and I'll hang in for the battle.

And at our house mediocre is not acceptable ! (-:

Price