ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 23:40:20 -0400
Ms Price:

I suppose you want your children to go to second-rate schools.  Grades are
demeaning, they're merely labels.

As for our hockey team, perhaps you want them to play 30 games of
nil-to-nil draws ?  I'll bet your kid plays (heaven help me) SOCCER !!!

Is there any sport which DOESN'T keep score ?

Do you yearn for the days when Maine hockey was a club team and played in
an outdoor rink on the banks of the old Stillwater ?  I wonder if you'd
rather just tear down the Alfond and teach those over-achieving win-hungry
NHL-trainees some humility ?

Dan Doucette
(I was there for Game 1)