ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 20:09:45 -0400
Wayne T. Smith said,
> doesn't this whole set of complex instructions sound like overkill?
Yep, add them to the already 345 (and counting) page NCAA manual.
More NCAA consistency or regimentation?
43:00 hours clocks starts
24:00 hours guys take a leak (whoops my mistake)
Player injury should be the paramount issue! Is It? There's a whole lot of
ink on
regimentation ( protocal involving teams, officials and game personnel) which
seems only conducive to cost effectiveness (i.e. time saved, cost saved thus
padding the NCAA pocket book). Speak up anybody, if I'm out of line on this
one, or any one of these NCAA imperatives (except player safety ) !?
What about all the extenuating circumstances that can cause games to be
 delayed,(i.e. mechanical: clock, zamboni and ice re-surfacing, etc.).
Will teams then be penalized due to delays beyond their control? Where's that
rule?

Hilton Head, South Carolina...huh....spendy place.....

Price (-: