ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 11:31:44 -0500
Deron wrote, in part..
>             ... Players shall remain stationary on the blueline for
> the completion of the national anthem. ...

It doesn't say which way they face.  Maybe Maine players should spell
out M-A-I-N-E letters.  Doesn't this whole set (not just quoted
parts) of complex instructions sould like overkill?

> In a related matter, the committee voted to increase the length of
> intermission between each period from 12 to 15 minutes. ...

Oh, no .... they gotta listen to coach rant for another 3 minutes? :)

>                                                    ... The intermission
> will commence when the referee signals the timekeeper to start the clock.

Previous rule was when ref left the ice.  Guess ref can hang around and
be eligible for intermission contests now.

> Regarding the mouthguard, the committee voted to add it to the list of
> equipment that cannot be challenged.

Can someone explain this one, please?  It sounds like if a referee
wants to condone a missing mouthguard (and many do), there is no
recourse.  Next, Walsh won't even be able to challenge the curve of
sticks.

off-season cheers,
wayne

Wayne T. Smith                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS          University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists