ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:36:10 EST
>January 28, 2004
>FRIDAY NIGHT HOCKEY VS. NEW HAMPSHIRE
>DOORS OPEN AT 6:00 P.M. FOR 8:00 P.M. START

   The concessions and store will be open  ;-)

>The University of Maine men's ice hockey team will be hosting New Hampshire
>for two games this weekend. Friday night's game will start at 8:00 p.m. to
>accommodate the first nationally televised game from Alfond Arena. The game
>can be seen nationally on CSTV (DirecTV channel 610), and locally Adelphia
>Cable will show the game on Channel 12 in the Bangor area and Channel 9 in
>the Lewiston/Augusta/Waterville area. Please check local listings for
>availability. On the University of Maine campus, CSTV has recently been
>added on channel 4.
>
>For Friday night's game, the doors will open at the usual time of 6:00 p.m.
>for the 8:00 p.m. start. Fans are asked to "Go Blue" and wear their blue
>Black Bear gear as the team will be donning their Columbia blue alternate
>jerseys. All fans in attendance on Friday night will also receive a free
>pair of ThunderStix courtesy of WZON - AM620.
>
>For Saturday evening's game the puck drops at 7:00 p.m. and will be
>televised locally on WABI-TV5 (Bangor) and WMTW-TV 8 (Portland). The first
>1,000 fans at the game on Saturday night will receive a free megaphone
>courtesy of Unicel, ...

   Can you hear me now?  :-)

>               ..., the official cellular phone service of the Black Bears.

   Now there's a balancing act ...  UMaine just switched from Unicel to
   the other carrier in town, but Unicel retains the title.  I'm not
   complaining, as I'm a happy Unicel customer, but it is a stretch,
   isn't it?!  ?-)

Can you say BIG series?   cheers, wayne