ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:24:28 EST
>last... does anyone else see a trend repeating itself???

* Maine scores a bunch against poorer teams;  best teams play MUCH
  better defense.  Haven't found a way to turn it on against those
  efforts.

* Ryan is probably our best defenseman, but I don't like the way he
  cheap-shots the opponents.  Here's a trend: once a game is out of
  hand, Ryan will slash an opponent in the last seconds/minutes of the
  game.  If there is an altercation, Ryan's in the middle of it.

* The refs are way too lovey-dovey with the players and go out of their
  way to avoid disqualifications.

* Seems to me the referees used to call (slashing, roughing, xchecking,
  punching, etc.) much more during the season leading to a very clean
  college game ...  and then mostly put away their whistles come tourney
  time.  If this is a trend, tourney time will make RollerBall look
  quaint.

* Although the above may seem contradictory, I think they're all
  interrelated.

Let the bashing begin ...  wayne