ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:02:45 -0500
I concur completely. BBT (Before Big Time) you could drive to Orono from
where I live (in Winslow 1:15 away) and get a ticket. My schedule
doesn't really allow me to make arrangements weeks, or even days, in
advance, to call for tickets. As a result, I don't even bother any more.
I drove to Orono twice one year and was turned away each time. Two and a
half hours is a long, boring time just to listen to the game on the
radio. Especially when you're seething from the situation inside.
Last year, there was a game I really wanted to go to, both for the game
but as much because a friend I hadn't seen for years was a coach on the
opposing bench. As a member, FOMH got me the last-minute ticket. For
which I was eternally grateful, but not something I would want to
repeat. It was a very special situation.