ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:24:10 -0800
> Moreover, a quick check of the Ticket Office info on GoBlackBears.com
> indicates that tickets are available for six of the remaining eight
> home games,
> including both the Friday and Saturday night games against
> Alabama-Huntsville,
> Providence, and Boston College.  If you can't make it to the Alfond
> Arena ticket
> window during office hours (8:30 to 4 M-F, I believe), you can order
> the
> tickets on-line.

I'm not sure I 100% trust this, as the goblackbears.com web site did
list "Tickets Available" when the Cumberland County Civic Center was
already sold out, for days.  This is the only time I've tried to buy
tickets that way, so I can't speak with great authority, but they are 0
for 1 in my case.

Maybe this is a function of the fact the game was not in Orono and they
were not as able to count used tickets.

Also, does anyone have a count on how many obstructed view seats there
are in the Alfond?  While we all know that the arena has some great
views, it also has some poor ones.  Keep in mind, those seats count as
"Tickets Available", but for the traveling fan, this would be
disappointing to say the least to drive 3 hours from Mass to sit in one
of these seats where you can't see one of the goals.

Can anyone speak as to the number of "comp tickets" (meaning tickets
given to corporate sponsors, athletes or as marketing tools, etc.).  It
is my understanding that the university reduced these to help create
more season tickets as well and if true would be a perfect example of
sound fiscal leadership.

But, I would like to know how many comp tickets are still given out
(including the number of tickets that the players get) just out of
curiousity -- and before I get jumped on, I am not suggesting that we
reduce player's and coaches ticket allotment, I am just curioust to
know when there is a 5600 sell out, how many of those "seats" are
comp'ed.

=====
Deron Treadwell -- [log in to unmask]
Unofficial Maine Web Site:  http://www.blackbears.net