ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:56:19 EST
[log in to unmask] wrote, in part:
>I have been a long-time advocate of LESS season ticket seats and more
>excited fan seats.  If you want a more excited crowd open up more seating
>for excited fans.   I'll go and I'll be yelling and cheering most of the
>game!

I disagree ... sort of ;-)

I think the current administration is doing a *wonderful* job at getting
fans in the house, making noise and having fun!

Less season tickets means more empty seats and less revenue.  There just
aren't a lot of other "excited fans" that would come every game.  The 5,
10 and 20-year season ticket holders are generally quieter.    SO WHAT?!
They'll make noise now and again;  some may arrive late and leave early;
most will be there EVERY game, or will find a friend to use the tickets.

The noise comes from the student crowd that isn't shelling out
$17/seat/game, and the students are coming in DROVES and having a BLAST!

Plus there's the hard-working staff and volunteers making everyone's
experience the best it can be!

What's wrong with all that:  nothing, IMHO.

Add a few more goals per game and a championship trophy or three, and
this has to be the greatest place for a college hockey fan.

cheers, wayne