ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:41:26 -0800
I agree with you mostly, but again I'll say that *in spite* of the
officiating Maine was in position to win the game.  It wasn't like
Maine had a lead in the second period and ultimately lost.  No, despite
the best attempts of the ref.. Maine held a 1 goal lead with under a
minute left.  Champions close the door.

As much as I loved that team and the inspiration they played with, they
didn't get it done.

Sure, maybe with a better official maybe Maine is ahead by more than
one goal.  But in a hostile arena, against a talented, hungry team, I
think we all would take our chances with being up 1 goal with 1 minute
to go.

Yes, we would go on to get a raw deal in overtime, but it came down to
lack of execution on a crucial play that allowed Minnesota to tie the
game.. something that we never should have allowed to happen.

-Deron

time:http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthtribune/sports/7659531.htm(c)