ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:41:28 -0500
In Boston Globe and USCHO articles through the year BU players took their
knocks in the talent opinion poll. They are not considered as talented as
prior teams. Game plan against Michigan according to opinion was won on
coaching not on talent. Considering the comments coming out of BU player
mouths this year, respect was their ultimate goal. So, Maine was not the only
team with negative hype to swallow!! It wasn't hard to pick up on the NH/BU,
'who's best' yap coming out of the players mouths. Both, according to some
people, were the two top teams in HE. That rivalry really heated up toward
the final games as LaCouture and Boniuecki spouted off more 'we're better'
attitude in USCHO articles.
Do BU players respect Maine? What they write in  publishable articles and
what they banter around the locker room are most likely dissimilar!
All I know is one Black Bear player's girlfriend suggested that she might
apply to BU her sophmore year (to be closer to a certain Black Bear,and not
be right on his doorstep);the general concensus among Black Bear players was,
YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!!!
I would say Black Bear Blue runs thick as blood...no DNA testing needed!
Once the jersey goes on -- that's it-- they're cloned blue for life!!!!!
Now can we censure this post so no Hockey players get it??

Anonymous