ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 16:00:22 -0500
Since hearing the Gophs would play MAINE October 17 and 18, I've already
converted one gopher faithfull. He will suit up as bananas providing we skate
at a neutral site. Indigenous gopher fans are not easily won over by the idea
of sitting in a Black Bear routing section. They're used to blending in --
maroon and gold!  Tickets by the way and site selection won't be available
till June. If it's at Mariucci single seats will go on sale after season
seats, so getting a routing section will be harder to accomplish. If it's at
the Target Center--piece of cake--though ticket prices will be higher. I know
MAINE will get their alloted seats but that won't seat Eden Prairie
faithfulls come to see their own (-:

The current gripe here is Gopher seeding. The Star Tribune, which is not a
Gopher/hockey/ friendly/ paper either printed Woog's disgruntled statements.
He's, however, always disgruntled-- but with lots of flare!
Maybe someone can explain how he figures they would fare better in another
seeding? They beat MS, 5-3 in College Showcase, though I hear MS is a much
improved team, also MS beat Michigan!!!!! Gophs beat Miami 7-4, Denver once
and CC once this year. They haven't played most of the other teams. BU beat
them at the beginning of the season. So, there's Vermont,inconsistent! New
Hampshire--choke? Cornell-- are they that good? And, Clarkson-- good? All
have not faced the Gophs this season. From what I read, Clarkson sounds good.
But, they play in a weaker league, Vermont too!! I guess, bottom line--
facing the defending champs second game has got his goat? But, in the Trib he
warned not to look past MS ! Two high prices to pay on the road to victory?

Price