ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:53:28 -0500
Just a little bit of real quotes from the players that I heard this morning on WZON:

Greg Moore: Team has a much better attitude now having had a break in the action
Greg Moore: Everyone is real excited to be gearing up and getting going again

Howard: Made it home for the first time since NOVEMBER had a relaxing 4 days to not think about hockey which was real good.

Howard: I am more refreshed and playing well in practice, making 2nd and 3rd saves.

I think its obvious that both Moore and Howard were probably spent down the stretch.  Yes they were like everyone else on the team, hadn't seen their families in a long time or whatever, but remember they went to HALIFAX over Christmas to play in a
very important tourney whereas the rest of the team went to FLORIDA.  So I think that of all the players that were going to benefit from the week off it had to be these guys.  Let's hope they play like we know they can come Saturday.

I am starting to get excited again about this team.  Maybe this break will recharge the fan-base's batterys as well and we'll get to cheer them all the way to Buffalo!

-Jake