ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:04:28 -0500
Hi everyone,

I wanted to announce that I have created a web site at the address
http://www.blackbears.net

This web site is just the start of something that I think will evolve over
time, but it is for YOU!  I view this web site as an extension of the
ME-HOCKEY community that we have here.  There is (and will be) regularly
updated poll questions to vote in, links so people can find information
about the team, etc.

You will also be able to follow the ME-HOCKEY list through the web!  This
site highlights the wonderful LISTSERV archive feature that too few people
use, I think.  But it will be great for many people.  For instance, if you
subscribe to ME-HOCKEY from home, now you can check in at work, and even
post a message if you want.

There is even a chat room, which several of us used/tested Saturday night
during the Maine/BU game (so that means Maine is undefeated when the chat is
used :-).  The feeling seemed to be overwhelmingly positive, so we will do
it again!  I'm planning to be on the chat Thursday night when we open our
quarterfinal series with UMass.

This web site is intended to do two things:  1) enhance the community of our
current ME-HOCKEY subscriber base, and 2) expose ourselves to new users by
having a web presence.  I wanted to announce it now, before the season
ended, because I think a lot can be learned about how you (we) use the site
during this part of the season when we are all crazy for information on our
team.  I want to hear from you privately if you have suggestions or
comments.

Take a look at the site and you'll get an idea of where I'm trying to go.
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to help out with
the site.  I believe the more people who get involved the better it can
become.  GO BLUE!

Best Regards,
Deron
http://www.blackbears.net