ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:58:13 -0500
Subject:  Re: Let's hear if for FSNE or BSN as I like to call them
          :)

Which is why I call it butv! Go back to NESN!

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/03/03 11:17AM >>>

Yippee, BSN (Boston Sports Network) finally loaded up their truck and drove an hour up to NH to show a non-Boston HE school play.  Wonders will never cease.  Every year it is the same old steady diet of BU, BC and Northeastern and little or no coverage of anyone else.

Let's look at the planned coverage for this year.  They started off with showing back to back BU and Northeastern games (one not on the schedule below, that I clipped from the Hockey East Online site).

By my count that makes the breakdown of teams covered from HE as follows:
BU   3NE   3BC   2NH   2ME   1UML  1PC   1UMA 1Mer  0  Trips to HE Schools BU    2NE    2UML  1NH    1PC    1ME   0Mer   0UMA 0BC   0  Trips outside of Boston Mer   0ME    0
Sure seems like some bias towards the Boston based teams to me.  IMHO Hockey East needs to either excert some preasure on Fox Sports to cover the league better or find another sports channel that will.  We can be assured that BSN will stay at home in Beantown for their wildcard games on 2-14, 2-21 and 3-1.  We wouldn't want them to get lost trying to get on a highway to head out of the city :)

Phil Leavitt

Go Blue!!!
2002-03 Hockey East broadcast package on Fox Sports Net New EnglandDayDateTimeMatchupSat.Jan. 47:00Boston University at NortheasternSat.Jan. 117:00Boston College at UMass LowellThu. Jan. 167:00Boston College at Boston UniversitySat.Jan. 257:00 Massachusetts at NortheasternSun.Feb. 27:00Maine at New HampshireSun.Feb. 94:00New Hampshire at ProvidenceFri.Feb. 147:00WILDCARDFri.Feb. 217:00WILDCARDSat.Mar. 17:00WILDCARD  Mar. 6-9TBASelected Quarterfinal MatchesFri.Mar. 145/8:00Semifinals at FleetCenterSat.Mar. 15TBAChampionship at FleetCenter