ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:00:45 -0500
> For those of you who don't know Howard, he was the leader of the UNH
> fan group and used to visit with me at Center Ice Club every time
> they came up, along with many of their fans.  Heck of a nice guy
> whose only fault is he's cheering for the wrong team!!  Besides we
> can handle a little ribbing from a team that is falling apart, can't
> we now!?!

Actually, Cathy, I think you're thinking of Roger Quimby from Concord, NH.
Roger is a fellow member of the Friends of UNH Hockey and a long time Friend
of Maine Hockey.  Roger and I are not related, although we jokingly call him
my dad because he seems to get my hotel rooms and phone charges when we're
both following UNH on the road.

I would like to think that I am also a heck of nice guy whose only fault is
cheering for the wrong (or right) team.  :)  I guess it depends on where you
stand.

Vicki Price kindly forwarded part of my private comments to the list.  If
you'd like the rest of them just let me know.  I won't be leaving ME-HOCKEY
(though I know there's more than a couple Maine fans out there who would like
nothing more ;) as it's not only a great forum for the discussion of Maine,
but there's some good information here on Hockey East as well.  We can all
stand a little ribbing -- after all, it's only a game.

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425