ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 20:31:36 -0500
To All Maine faithfulls:
I just got a direct  EMAIL from a UNH fan who didn't agree with some of my
comments. He obviously has access to Maine's Mail List-- Here following are
his remarks in regard to Maine beating UNH next time around!!!
For any Maine faithfull desiring to respond to Howard here is his EMAIL
address:
[log in to unmask] (Howard M. Quimby of Natural Intelligence, Inc. Cambridge,
MA.)

>the Final 'Piece de la Resistance' will be Maine beats them next time around

Howard: And then Maine will be 1-3 against the Wildcats this year.  ;)

>Remember Maine's 6-5 loss where officiating lent a hand in the final
outcome.

Howard: Excuses, excuses. I remember the thumping UNH gave Maine in their
third meeting in Burlington. Or did the officials score those goals for the
Wildcats? We better check the tape.

Do I detect a hint of fan-like sarcasm. Howard why don't you save this sort
of response for the hockey message boards.  You can use all your natural
intelligence to do it!!! This is a forum for Maine parents and fans only!!
 Besides you missed the whole point: officiating often does lend a hand in
the final outcome of a game. Any fool knows that. And, for your team winning
this year is serious business. Maine is not ranked in the top ten. So a loss
for you guys in Maine would be ......uncomfortable for you........n'est-ce
pas? (french for: isn't it true??)

Respectfully,
Vicki Price