ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:10:02 -0500
Quoteth from the BDN summary story on the Florida weekend tournament:

"Maine, which had nine players miss Friday's only practice after being
stranded by weather in Philadelphia, will face Vermont Sunday at 2 p.m. in
Portland."

Granted, it was in the final paragraph of the story, but I seriously hope
the team is NOT using this circumstance as some sort of excuse (even
partially) for the caliber of play which led to two weekend losses.

I mean, what WAS the effect ?  Bad body mechanics on the ice, caused by poor
posture induced from non-ergonomic seats found in the airport departure
lounge ?

What's next -- blaming a weekend away series loss on the Cyr bus company ?

Happy (and over .500) New Year !!
Dan