ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:54:39 EST
BobW wrote, in part..
>Just curious. Why does Maine present a problem?

   Since Edward wrote that on Hockey-L, he won't see your ME-Hockey
   reply ...  so I'll give it a shot...

Home-and-home with Maine is a problem because after a Friday night game
both teams must travel 240+ miles and get ready for their next game
(probably against each other).  It's do-able, but might lead to more
tired players .. and maybe a missed game-day skate.

I think it could be travel expense neutral (travel every weekend, not
every other weekend), but might lead to an occasional weather cancellation.

cheers, wayne