ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:14:44 -0500
Gang, we are forgetting how the disallowed goal was given its' prominence.

Maine (as I saw in news reports) sat too easily on a three-goal lead and let
the Green back into the game late.  It was strikingly similar to what I saw
in person at the one Merrimack game.

At North Andover, Maine failed to check on defence very much in the second
and third periods, and if it were not for Howard's skills in net,
particularly on second-shot rebound saves, Merrimack could easily have
knotted that game up, also.  As it was, 3-1 against the Warriors was not a
"safe" lead by any means.

Honestly, I saw Maine sit too easily on the lead with three early goals one
other time this year in person, and that was where fans wore white, had
those damn noise sticks, and I had to drive further into the state of New
Hampshire than I would like....we lost THAT game against an arguably better
team than either the Green or Merrimack.

This is NOT a trend I like to report about, but it is a trend with Maine
this year nonetheless.  Hopefully, this tendency will be addressed in the
break and not come up in the second half of the current campaign.

Finally, I cringed whenever I saw McBride (a/k/a McBlind) hit the ice
wearing the orange armband and striped shirt.