ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:25:26 EST
>I was at Orono the year that BU beat Maine for the NCAA title. That was the
> hardest game to watch! My favorite player was Chris Imes. Where is he? ...

   That game, nearly nine years ago, was almost unfair to play as IMHO
   the two best teams that year met two days earlier in one of the best
   and longest college hockey games ever!

Chris may be my all-time favorite, too!

I had the privilege of chatting with him and meet his wife and beautiful
child a few weeks ago while they were visiting in Orono.

He has returned to his home state of Minnesota and is working outside of
hockey, at least for the time being.

After being a successful coach and player is US and Europe, as well as
being one of the finest people I've ever met, I hope his career moves
in the direction he wants.

cheers, wayne