ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:04:59 -0500
> From: Jeff and Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Providence

> Frank is a GREAT goalie.  It wasn't his best game, but I still personally like Jimmy better.

Jeff -- can you say why Jimmy is better or why you like him better?  Just curious.

I find Frank the far more consistent of the two -- Jimmy has a yo-yo approach to goaltending that lets some dribble in that should never go in as if he is saving the flash-and-dazzle for an easy stop.

He has great promise, no question, and will mature into a better-than-good goalie.  I am quick to factor his just turning 19 in May to Frank's 23 in September, too.  But, when it comes to crunch time right now this year, I'd play Frank.