ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:09:21 -0500
At 08:59 AM 4/2/97 -0500, Cathy Hart wrote:
>My point being: not many people know the Blue Line Club.  To many, they are a
>non entity because not much has been publicized in the outer world about this
>group.  With the Athletic Department facing a humongous budget deficit, add
>to that the costs of funding Women's ice hockey (which are much more than
>publicized), I am gratified that they received as much money as they did.  I
>know from listening to the Administration that student participation is a
>real issue for them.  I think the readers, in order to discuss this in an
>informed manner, should be as informed as we can get them, don't you???

I agree, but the BLC isn't funded by the Athletic Department, they are a
student organization funded by Student Government.  So the AD's budget
problems are not really an issue with regards to the BLC.

In the spirit of being fair and informed, it should be noted that women's
ice hockey is not yet a varsity sport.  There are still hurdles to be
climbed and finding a way to pay for it is part of that.

---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])