ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:46:21 -0500
Like Bob, I too am more afraid of playing BC than any other team in Hockey
East right now.  They are back-to-back league champions and have elminated
Maine both years en route to that.  If Clemmensen or Kellher are on, they
will be tough to beat.  On paper, BC still may be the best team in the nation.

BU and UNH are both quality clubs definitely capable of beating Maine, but
neither of them are as complete as BC.  UNH (IMHO) may be the weakest of
the top 4 teams.

I'll be interested to see how the boys do against PC this weekend.  Part of
me would rather play Providence than Northeastern, but in order for that to
happen we either have to sweep and hope BU beats BC Sunday or we have to
lose at least one game to PC and have NU lose their remaining game.  I'd
rather the former happen.

Regardless, the Quarterfinals will be tough whether it is PC or NU.  PC
might be a very interesting series if you figure that it will be the 3rd
and 4th (possibly 5th) straight game against the Friars.  Might feel a lot
like some of those spring NHL playoff series.

-Deron