ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:50:20 EST
In a message dated 2/20/00 8:21:10 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< he and Jack are birds of a feather... >>

I have yet to see Coach Walsh throw things on the ice, ( clipboards or
waterbottles, anyone?), OR take his team off the ice in a petty and
apparently meaningless protest of referree's calls, however questionable.
This, even though two of the refs in the past, who are now no longer with HE,
reportedly had a bet to see which of them could get Walsh up on the dashers
quickest in the season.  Coach Walsh shares a rep with Coach Parker for
volatility behind the bench, but he has never, TMK, passed the line that
Coach Parker apparently leapt over this weekend.

Perhaps this signals the end of a Parker BU Hockey team, but I doubt it.  He
has been golden for too long, and it will take more than a few of these
quantum leaps to make him "unacceptable" in Beantown.  He's just been too
good for too long.  Plus, the Irish like feisty.

And, yes, reffing is hard, but Hockey East refs are the worst in D-1.  Just
ask any player who has played in all the different leagues.  "Inconsistent"
is the mildest criticism I have heard aimed at them, and most of the rest is
unprintable in a family forum.

This weekend - Any ideas about Merrimack?  I haven't looked to see what
they've done the last couple weeks...

Cathy Hart