Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:17:54 EST
In a message dated 12/28/2003 10:32:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
MEN'S HOCKEY FALLS TO MERCYHURST
Engineers fall in 53rd Annual Rensselaer/HSBC Holiday Tournament
I am too prescient in my thoughts about D3 being a better alternative.  What
does an institution like Mercyhurst and RPI have in common other than hockey
programs? It reminds me of when Lafayette played Temple in the NCAA hoops
tourney and the Temple AD would not respond to comparisons of Lafayette's team GPA
and Temple's. It is nice that RPI has all this time and money to spend on PR
firms and lobbying etc. Wonder how many academic scholarships could be funded
with this wasted money. How long before the Atlantic hockey schools start
getting serious about scholarships and with lowered admissions at all but Army and
maybe Holy Cross- start beating up on the ECAC on a regular basis? Maybe
hockey needs a Patriot League?