ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:31:27 -0500

> From: "Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2003/11/12 Wed PM 10:41:02 EST
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Weekend Notes
>
> This post was made on Hockey-L by long time BC and college hockey fan
> Rick McAdoo.  I think it has interesting insights and so reproduce it
> here (box 1st, followed by Rick's comments)

"Very satisfied BC fan", indeed.  And, it shows, Rick.

  I guess he missed the part where Patrick Eaves (of Joe Exter fame and no Lady Byng candidate himself) cross-checked Ryan to the head -- and only got a 10-min misconduct?  People I know who were there felt strongly that the refs concentrated on Ryan to the exclusion of everyone else.  Maybe that could be orchestrated as warranted if one is a hate-Maine fan ... and I don't accuse Rick of this, since I thought his write up was a balanced report for the most part, but I have never seen a Jerry York coached team that didn't have more than its share of goons and to hear that they were told to get Ryan riled up wouldn't surprise me at all.  There are Bowling Green teams from his past that came to Alfond and appalled people with their goonishness.

President, M Club
Co-Advisor, All Maine Women
19 Annbar Drive, Old Town ME 04468
207-827-8386