ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeff and Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:48:00 -0500
Went to last nights game with my 9 year old.  Couple of things to note as this is the first time I have "seen" the boys play this year.

Checking.  Maine needs to take the body more....alot more.

Mushaluk, for his size especially.  He got knocked around alot for a 6'4".  Everyone seemed to stop just short of their man and either lightly bump them or not hit him all together.  Hitting sets too big of a tone to let it ride by.  Finish your checks.

I gained respect for Ryan for all the "little" things he does on the ice.  Seeing him play gives you a better understanding, rather than Larry Mahoney's whinning about him ONLY when he does bad.  He still is, however, a hothead.  His second period (I think)penalty (the headlock) was unnecessary, as was a few others that he didn't get caught for.  He is "watched" man by the ref staff of HE and I am sure he is well known in other leagues as well.

Frank is a GREAT goalie.  It wasn't his best game, but I still personally like Jimmy better.

This team is young, but tremendously promising.

Jackson is as good a Captain as any one else to wear the C.

There is no question, MAINE FANS ARE THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY.  PERIOD.  END OF STORY.

Enjoy the little things for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.