ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:56:02 -0800
Funny you mention it, I never thought of you as
opinionated...  Anyone else ever hear opinionated
statements out of Jim?  Certainly not on this board!

I, too, am frustrated that all season long we have to
get behind to start playing well.  I think another
perfect example is the BU game in Orono, that until
Maine got behind, it was lackluster at best.  The
question is why does it take desparation for Maine to
play hard and get in the game?  I mean, is it
laziness?  It seems like games are a lot of "going
through the motions" until we get behind, then we try
to execute the gameplan.  Let's keep our fingers
crossed for an acceptable weekend at BC.  Maine did
get a one day mention in the USCHO Bracketology on
Saturday after the win as seed 15 of 16 teams, then
quickly exited on Sunday with the tie.

Anyone else have thoughts on why Maine can't be
motivated to play hard all game?